Many workers across the UK found themselves forced to work from home, almost overnight, as the first lockdown came in back in March. However, the lockdowns have continued, and people are encouraged to work from home if they can. This has left employers looking at employees working from home on a more permanent basis.
So, if you have found that you are being asked to work from home on a more permanent basis, why not consider a home office? In this blog post, we share just some of the many benefits of a home office. This could be a spare room converted into an office, a loft conversion designed to become your home office, or even a garage conversion so work life and home life are separated.
The Benefits Of A Home Office
- Privacy – Instead of working with people around you at the kitchen table, your home office becomes your space. You have the privacy you need to store client documents. You can also take confidential calls without people trying to overhear your conversations.
- Productivity – You’ll notice that your productivity will increase when you move from an area in the home to your own home office. This is because you are no longer surrounded by distractions. You won’t be sat near the TV so that temptation is avoided. You also won’t see the kids toys around you that need to be cleared away. You’ll be in your home office, away from all the distractions.
- Tax Reduction – That’s right. You can save money on your tax with a home office. We mentioned this in a previous blog post, but we feel it needs to be mentioned again. There are some huge tax savings and tax deductions available when you have a garage conversion or convert areas of your home into a home office.
- It’s Real – Working from home always feels a little bit naughty. It’s like you haven’t got a ‘real job’ anymore because you’re just sat in the lounge, kitchen or spare room. When you have a dedicated home office it feels more official and real. This offers so many psychological benefits and will help boost your confidence too.
- Organised – When you are using an area of the house to work from, it’s not permanent. The kitchen table is the best example. It’s your workspace all day but come mealtimes you need to clear all your stuff to one side. This can leave your work unorganised as there is no dedicated space for it all. Your home office helps you and your work stay organised.
- It’s Yours – Your home office is your space. This means you can have the perfect creative and professional space for you to work. You can even create the perfect workspace for your conference calls and virtual meetings.
These are just some of the benefits of a home office. As you can see, a home office will really help as a dedicated space if you are working from home on a more permanent basis. Contact us at Allbright Property Maintenance Peterborough now to discuss the best place for your home office.